“Dear Winter” Writing Contest 2014
This is really hard for me to say, but I feel like you’ve been growing distant. We never talk any more. I know you overheard me talking about Summer and how great it was, but I promise, I didn’t mean it. I can’t stand the thought of losing you and I just want you back. I’ll do anything. Please Winter, make it the way it was, don’t leave me.”
Welcome to “Dear Winter”. The first ever, first annual WinterReview Spring writing competition. Part of our Passion for Winter is writing. We love writing and we love writing about Winter.
Dear Winter is simple:
- Write a “Dear Winter” letter and post it in our “Dear Winter Contest” forum.
- Share the link to your submission with all of your closest friends and strangers.
- Ask them to comment on your masterpiece of writing.
- Visitors must be registered to submit or comment. Don’t worry, your heart and your information is safe with us. We will never, EVER share your information. We will never, EVER email you unless you subscribe. That’s not how we roll. You can even sign in with Facebook.
The most commented on and best rated submissions will be shared on our home page where all WinterReview visitors will be able to read, share, laugh and cry with you and your relationship with Winter. Any visitor to the site can “like” your submission. The most liked “Dear Winter Submission” will receive the Grand Prize of $100 cash, a WinterReview t-shirt and front page adoration on WinterReview.
The rules are simple:
- “Dear Winter” letters must be between 250 and 1200 words.
- Submissions must be 100% original. Don’t copy!!
- Pour your heart out and share all the personal details of your relationship with Winter.
- All submissions must be posted by May 15th. The sooner you submit the more time you have to share your entry!
- Comment period ends on May 31st.
- The submissions with the most comments will be posted to our “Dear Winter” home page where voting will continue until the first day of summer, June 21st.
So, get out your hankies and show us your best creative writing!
To Enter the competition just follow these simple steps;
Step 1: If you have not registered on our community click the link below, registration will open in a new window. Complete registration and validation before coming back to this window and completing step 2.
Step 2: Click the link below to take you to the submissions forum.
“Dear Winter” Creative Writing Competition
Ahhh, if only I was a good writer 🙂